I am enthusiastic about presenting to the Hartford SQL Server User Group on December 8, 2015.
Of course, I am looking forward to seeing my friends John Flannery and Dennis Perlot. However, I love to chat to local user groups about any SQL server topic that I am passionate about.
The meeting venue has changed since the last time I visited to the following:
29 South Main Street,
Please Park in Town Center Garage
West Hartford, CT
Microsoft just released The Power Business Intelligence Desktop Designer. Join us as John Miner, Microsoft SQL Server MVP, demonstrates the new amazing capabilities of this cutting edge software.
Learn how X-Velocity uses super compression to query data faster than ever. See how Power Query can access virtually any data anywhere turning it into business information. Discover how disparate data can be conceptualized into a single business view. New visualization technology brings all this together to see your business like never before.
Power BI Desktop Designer
You have been asked by upper management to provide new dashboards to describe how the North Wind Traders company is doing, find new business opportunities, and make sure sales are going in the right direction.
How can you leverage the Power BI Desktop Designer to complete this request?
1. Load company data into the model
2. Load additional data for new analysis
3. Use the M(ashup) language to format data
4. Create relationships between the datasets
5. Use the DAX language to add additional measures
6. Graph the results using cool visual elements
7. Collate a bunch of graphs into a dashboard presentation
8. Make the dashboard dynamic with slicers
9. Publish the results to the cloud for sharing.