I am excited about the opportunity to present at Code Camp 24 in Boston. It will be a good time to meet old friends and make new ones.
I hope you have time to attend this awesome free event on November 21, 2015 at the Microsoft New England Research & Development (NERD) building, One Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA.
Below are the details for my presentation.
Microsoft just released The Power Business Intelligence Desktop Designer. Join us as John Miner, Microsoft SQL Server MVP, demonstrates the new amazing capabilities of this cutting edge software.
Learn how X-Velocity uses super compression to query data faster than ever. See how Power Query can access virtually any data anywhere turning it into business information. Discover how disparate data can be conceptualized into a single business view. New visualization technology brings all this together to see your business like never before.
Power BI Desktop Designer
You have been asked by upper management to provide new dashboards to describe how the North Wind Traders company is doing, find new business opportunities, and make sure sales are going in the right direction.
How can you leverage the Power BI Desktop Designer to complete this request?
1. Load company data into the model
2. Load additional data for new analysis
3. Use the M(ashup) language to format data
4. Create relationships between the datasets
5. Use the DAX language to add additional measures
6. Graph the results using cool visual elements
7. Collate a bunch of graphs into a dashboard presentation
8. Make the dashboard dynamic with slicers
9. Publish the results to the cloud for sharing.